Monday, February 16, 2009

Whats on the I-pod






Drake (Drizzy) is from Ontario Canada. Signed with Lil' Waynes Young Money Entertainment. Has been on the Canadian well renound childrens show, "Degrassi". He has Been called the "New version of Fresh Prince." I first heard his song with Colin Munroe called "Cannonball". I heard him on some of Lil' Waynes tracks and listened to some of his mixtapes. Drakes lyricism is strong. Wordplay is nice and he does the singing/rapping thing well. "So Far Gone" is his latest mixtape that came out on Friday morning and it is one that doesnt get old as you listen through it. Drake has a likeable flowstyle with bars that are easy on the ears. I wouldnt label him as a hipster or a backpack rapper but somewhat of a less conscious, conscious swagger driven rapper. He has apperances from the likes of Weezy, Bun-B, Trey songz, Santogold and A couple Canadian artists. He holds his own on the mixtape and doesnt really need to have the features. I felt that some of these tracks that were only one or two versus long could have been filled and used for a single or for a LP track. Drake is in heavy rotation in my I-pod so feel free to check him out. Listen link.

No comments:

Post a Comment